This post is all about a simple and beautiful recipe for Boeuf Bourguignon, a traditional French dish which was absolutely flavorful and delicate. The recipe was inspired by the one in chef Francoise Bernard’s cookbook “Recettes faciles” , I just modified a little bit the amount of ingredients to suit my taste, I hope all of you will enjoy this recipe and can bring a French taste to your kitchen ^^
Ingredients (serves: 6)
1,2 kg beef, cubed or cut into small chunks
3 medium carrots, cut into 1 cm thick round pieces
2 medium onions, diced
60 grams unsalted butter
750 ml red wine
200 ml fresh water
2 tbs dried mixed herbs
2 tbs plain flour
5-6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 medium potatoes
1. Heat a large pot over high heat, melt the butter. Add the beef, constantly stir until the beef is browned and cooked through.
2. When the beef is ready, put in the carrots and onions. Keep stirring in about 4-5 minutes until the onions are transparent, gently sprinkle the plain flour into the pot. Stir well until all the ingredients are combined.
3. Pour the red wine in the pot, bring it to a boil.
4. Add the remaining ingredients: fresh water, chopped garlic, dried mixed herbs, salt and pepper in the pot, bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to minimum and simmer in about 2 hours, or until the beef is tender and the carrots are soft. Season more if needed.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in another pot until they’re soft (they don’t have to be peeled before boiling, you just need to carefully wash them with fresh water)
6. Serve the Boeuf Bourguignon together with the boiled potatoes.
Love, Trang Quynh