Chicken bites – a modified recipe from Masterchef Australia ^^ If you love fast food such as KFC, McDonald or Lotteria but still wanna be thin and healthy, here’s the solution. I love KFC too, but I have to admit that the chickens that KFC uses aren’t fresh, they’re always kept in the fridge with tons of other things like potatoes, beef or prawn. All of us know that, but we (esp the children) consume a big amount of fast food each year, that means we also let the cholesterol enter in our stomach 😦 With this recipe, you can definitely make your Chicken bites at home, with unique flavor and vegetable oil which is really healthy.
As you see, the Chicken bites are super crunchy, esp when they’re still hot xD Don’t ever forget to put them on the oil-remover paper after frying, this step remove the leftover oil and make the bites more fresh and crunchy 😛 Ketchup or chili sauce match really well, but other sauces will be great too, don’t be afraid, just try it, maybe you’ll discover something yummy!!!
I’ll give you the recipe (both from me and the initial recipes of Masterchef Australia):
1. 600g chicken mince
2. 2 tsp curry powder
3. 1 tsp mild paprika (or oregano)
4. 2 tsp chicken salt (or ordinary salt)
5. 90g cornflake crumbs (or bread crumbs)
6. Vegetable oil
Here’s the method:
1. Combine the chicken mince, curry powder, paprika, chicken salt and half the cornflake crumbs in a large bowl. Roll 2 teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
2. Place the remaining cornflake crumbs on a plate. Add the meatballs and roll to coat.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs, in 4 batches, turning, for 4-5 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Comments: The crunchiness of Chicken bites was contributed by the cornflake crumbs or bread crumbs xD I love the flavor which is made by the curry powder, but don’t over use it because your bites will taste a little bit weird though =) Besides, thanks to the mild paprika and the curry powder, your bites look stunning and colorful.
It’s really easy, right? So what are you waiting for? Realize this recipe now, your family, esp your children will enjoy them like my family did tonight ^^ Forget cholesterol and fast food, welcome your own delicious fried food!!!!!
See ya’ll in the next post 😀