Winter is the season of thoughts, cold winds, of cookies and chocolate (click HERE to see my post about these wonderful things). It’s also the time when you just wanna stay at home, enjoy warm, delicious home-cooked meals with your beloved family. So let me be your partner, help you to choose the most stunning dishes, especially main courses, to warm up your kitchen 🙂
Today, I present to all of you my brand new main course: Asian Chicken Drumsticks with Rice. One more Asian-inspiring dish that can blow you away, catch your eyes and melt in your mouth. A various of spices will contribute a beautiful, lovely taste to the chicken and match perfectly with a bed of rice. Nothing is better than that in a winter day ^^
Ingredients (serves: 2-3)
5 chicken drumsticks
5 tsp olive oil
80 ml warm water
40 grams brown sugar
2 tbs orange juice
2 tbs light soy sauce
2 tbs ketchup
1 tbs rice vinegar
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp five-flavors powder (only in Vietnam, I guess)
2 tsp corn statch
2 tbs cold water
Spring onions, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a medium frying pan, put in the chicken drumsticks and fry them until golden both sides (18-20 minutes)
2. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix together the warm water, brown sugar, orange juice, light soy sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, chopped garlic, paprika and five-flavors powder, stir well until combined.
3. Pour the mixture into the frying pan, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until the chicken drumsticks are tender, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the corn statch with cold water, pour slowly into the pan. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat, simmer for about 2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions. Serve with rice.
Good luck with this stunning dish, bon appetit 😉
❤ Trang Quynh