Howdy everyone! How was your Christmas? I hope you had great time spending with your family and your loved ones because they are always the most wonderful presents in the whole world ❤ For my Christmas holiday, I passed unforgettable moments with my classmates in a short trip and of course, we had so much fun after a super tiring semester at school ^^
Today, I wanna share with all of you an amazing recipe for cakes: Hongkong’s Cake. I guess this recipe is popular in Hongkong so that they call these cakes this way? Anyway, whatever its name is, this cake tastes absolutely yummy. Fluffy, soft texture with a light, delicious and mouth-watering flavor, Hongkong’s Cake will definitely your favorite cake in this winter 🙂
Ingredients (for a 21-23 cm round cake pan)
4 large eggs, separated
2 1/2 tbs fresh milk
2 1/2 tbs canola oil (or vegetable oil)
50 grams plain flour, sifted
50 grams corn starch, sifted
Pinch of salt
90 grams granulated white sugar
3/4 tbs lemon juice (or lime juice)
1. Preheat the oven at 150 degrees C.
2. In a mixing bowl, gently whisk the egg yolks, the milk and canola oil together. Put in the plain flour and corn starch, mix or whisk until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt and lemon juice until foamy. Add the sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form and the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
4. Gradually fold the egg whites mixture into the batter, gently mix until combined. Tip: take your time, slowly and carefully mix the two mixtures together, make sure that they are well combined so that the cake can reach the necessary volume in the oven.
5. Pour into the round cake pan. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes, then leave it in the oven for 5 minutes before turning the cake onto a cooling rack and letting it cool to room temperature.
❤ Trang Quynh