As you know, everything comes from the basics. And thanks to this Basic Cake Batter, now you can definitely create many, many kinds of cake with
hundreds millions ways to decorate. This is the first time I’ve tried out this recipe and I’m absolutely satisfied with the result. With half of the recipe, I have a beautiful, fluffy and soft cake, can’t wait to share it with all of you ❤
Ingredients (for a 9” round cake pan)
90 grams sifted plain flour
1 tsp corn starch
3 large eggs
90 grams granulated white sugar
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Butter an 9” round cake pan and sprinkle sifted cake flour on it.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the eggs and granulated white sugar until light and fluffy. Add a pinch of salt and continue beating until soft peaks form.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture, using a spatula, mix the flour mixture and the eggs mixture until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, smoothing the surface with a back of a spoon or an offset spatula. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in center.
5. Place the cake on a wire rack to cool. Let it cool completely before frosting.
Good luck with this recipe and see you guys in the next post xoxo
❤ Trang Quynh