Light up your weekend with a brand new Korean dish: Bulgogi (Marinated Thinly Sliced Beef). This recipe comes from Kimchi Chronicles – one of my favorite shows these days. This amazing show is all about Korea, especially the famous Korean Kimchi and many traditional dishes’s recipes. You will realize how beautiful this country is and fell in love with its spectacular cuisine (:
Back to the dish, even though it’s not an authentic and original recipe, the way they made it is really inspiring and brings us the true Korean flavor. My family loves it, and I’m sure that yours will love it too ^^
1. 300 grams thinly sliced beef
2. 4 tbs soy sauce
3. 4 tbs soju, sake, vodka or water
4. 4 tbs lemon-lime soda (such as 7Up or Sprite)
5. 1/2 tbs white sugar
6. 1/4 Asian pear, peeled and coarsely chopped
7. 1/4 yellow onion, coarsely chopped, plus 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
8. 5 garlic cloves, peeled
9. 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
10. 3 tbs sesame oil
1. Combine the soy sauce, soju, soda, sugar, pear, chopped onion, garlic, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Transfer the puree to a large bowl and stir in the sliced onion and thinly sliced beef. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
3. When you’re ready to eat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil in your largest skillet over high heat. Working in batches (so as to not crowd the pan and so the meat develops delicious, caramelized edges), add the beef and marinade and cook, stirring now and then, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
Good luck with this yummy dish and have a nice weekend xoxo
Love, Trang Quynh