Summer is time to rock out your kitchen with some fresh, healthy and delicious dishes. Forget the one-pot meals with a thick layer of fat on your plate, or a pan filled with pan-fried meat that you eat for days. A bowl of salad with fetta cheese on top, vegetable soup or roasted meat and veggies… will definitely be a better idea.
Mushroom Soup is one of the easiest ways to turn your favorite kinds of mushrooms into a simple and yummy dish without spending too much time in the burning hot kitchen. You just need only 15-20 minutes and your soup is ready, enjoy it with rice, pasta or roasted meat ^^
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
1. 50 grams minced pork
2. 1 small red shallot, finely chopped
3. 1 tbs vegetable oil
4. 1l fresh water
5. 2-3 favorite kinds of mushrooms, washed and cut in half
6. 2-3 spring onions, cut into 1cm pieces
7. Coriander leaves, cut into 1cm pieces
8. 1 1/2 tbs fish sauce
1. In your preheated saucepan, pour in 1 tbs of vegetable oil, following by the finely chopped red shallot. Constantly stir until the red shallot turns lightly yellow. Add the minced pork and the fish sauce, gently stir for 1-2 minutes.
2. Pour in the fresh water, bring it to a boil and season if needed with salt. Add the mushrooms, stir and turns off the heat when the soup starts to bubble and the mushrooms are cooked enough.
3. Add the spring onions and coriander leaves in the pan. Serve.
Good luck with this dish and have a healthy summer ^^
Love, Trang Quynh
Vietnamese version: http://tastefromhome.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/canh-nam/