Pasta, besides of the amazing authentic recipes, is all about the creativity and the combination of ingredients. With a basic sauce such as tomato sauce or white sauce, by changing the ingredients and mixing them differently, we are able to make a wide variety of kinds of pasta. The tip is never forget the perfect couples (meat – red wine, seafood – white wine,…) and always remember to balance the amount of meat and vegetables (recommended vegetables: broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, eggplants…)
Pasta All’ Amatriciana, with the great combination of bacon and tomatoes, is delicious itself. But making a little twist by adding the straw mushrooms will turn it into a healthier dish without ruining the authentic flavor. Plus, the crunchiness of mushrooms go great with the tender bacon and smooth sauce. Who’s ready for lunch?
1. 200 grams pasta
2. 3 tomatoes, cut into small cubes
3. 5 slices smoked bacons, cut into small pieces
4. 1 tbs vegetable oil
5. 10-12 straw mushrooms, washed and cut in halves
6. Salt, pepper
7. Cheese (optional)
1. Prepare a pan of boiling water and season with salt. Place the pasta into the pan and push it down with your wooden spoon, so that all the spaghetti is submerged under the water. Add half of the oil and cook for roughly 7-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, into a warmed second pan add the vegetable oil, then the chopped bacon. Stir and let it render, stirring for a few minutes until the bacon turns lightly brown.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, gently until tender, following by the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat. Put in the pasta and constantly mix with the sauce. Grate cheese on top (optional).
Have great time in the kitchen and good luck with this recipe ^^
Love, Trang Quynh
Vietnamese version: http://tastefromhome.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/pasta-all-amatriciana-voi-nam-rom/