Warm and moist Banana Muffins are my all time favorite, and I’m sure people love them too! Personally, I don’t like eating bananas, but I’m always excited to see them become spotty because that’s the right time to add them in baked goods and make some delicious muffins, or a soft and airy Banana Cake.
There are many ways to make these lovely muffins, today I used the quick method. All that you need is 2 mixing bowl, a fork and a spatula, how simple is that? Only 20 minutes for preparation and 20 minutes more in the oven, and your muffins are finished, perfectly for breakfast or dessert ^^ I prefer enjoying them when they are still warm, the edges are a little bit crunchy and the beautiful smell floats in the air. With a cup of juice, just yum!
1. 200 grams self-rising flour
2. 1 tsp cinnamon powder
3. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or vanilla powder)
1. 3 large ripe bananas
2. 1 large egg
3. 110 grams granulated white sugar
4. 75 ml melted unsalted butter (or vegetable oil)
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C and lightly butter or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. For the wet mixture: in a large mixing bowl, using a fork, smash the ripe bananas. Put in the egg, white sugar and melted butter, mix until combined.
3. For the dry mixture: Sift or whisk together the flour, cinnamon powder and vanilla.
4. Add the dry mixture into the wet one, in 3 additions, stir well after each addition until the batter becomes really smooth. Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18 – 20 minutes or until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
(You can also pour the batter in a loaf pan to make a Banana Quick Bread, bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes depending on your loaf pan size)
I’m writing this post and can’t stop myself go immediately to the kitchen and take a muffin right away, bon appetit,
Love, Trang Quynh