My quick and simple snack for a lazy afternoon ^^ These Sweet Potato Pancakes are easily made with the common ingredients in every kitchen: plain flour, eggs, fresh milk, sugar, vegetable oil… Less than 1 hour and you will have for your family and yourself those warm, soft and sweet pancakes, they’re especially perfect for rainy and chilly days, when all you want is staying at home, enjoying a big cup of hot tea or a delicious home-cooked meal 🙂
1. 300 grams plain flour
2. 1 tsp baking powder
3. 200 ml fresh milk
4. 180 grams granulated white sugar
5. 2 sweet potatoes, washed and peeled
6. 2 large eggs
7. Vegetable oil
1. Cut the sweet potatoes into thin and long pieces. Tip: the thinner they are, the faster they’re cooked through.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the plain flour, baking powder, eggs, fresh milk and sugar until combined. Add the sweet potatoes and gently stir.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium high heat and pour in 3 tbs vegetable oil. Put about 2 tbs of the mixture in the pan, press into round and thin pieces. Pan-fry until the pancakes are lightly browned or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
4. Place them on the oil remover papers to remove the unnecessary oil. Serve warm.
Having fun making your lovely Sweet Potato Pancakes,
Love, Trang Quynh