(recipe courtesy of celebrity chef Paula Deen’s official site: pauladeen.com)
First of all, I need to say this is THE BEST POUND CAKE RECIPE EVER! Since I started baking and trying so many recipes for pound cake, I always want to find perfection, but seems like it’s really difficult to find a recipe that composes enough elements for that. Luckily, thanks to a small research for the category Chef of the Week, I found out the official site of the American phenomenon, celebrity chef Paula Deen (the post about her will be soon published in Chef of the week, stay tuned!). There’re so many amazing recipes that I wanna try immediately, and the feedback are absolutely positive so I decided to give one of the dessert recipes a try. And what’s better than a pound cake? The result turned out more wonderful than I expected.
My Sour Cream Pound Cake was really airy and soft, that can be easily realized by gently touching the cake’s top and inside. I even gotta cut off the top of the loaf after 20 minutes baking because it rises, burns so quickly and almost touches the upper side of the oven. Plus, the pound cake’s texture is truly gorgeous, you can feel the cake melting in your mouth, so buttery and flavorful. This Sour Cream Pound Cake worth all the efforts, don’t be afraid to remake it in your kitchen ^^
1. 1 1/2 cup (210 grams) self-rising flour
2. 3 large eggs
3. 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar (the original recipe used 1 1/2 cup but as usual, I reduced 1/3 the amount of sugar)
4. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5. 1/2 cup (120 ml) sour cream
6. 1 cup (225 grams) butter, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Add the flour to the creamed mixture alternating with eggs, beating in each egg 1 at a time. Add vanilla.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
See you in the next post,
Love, Trang Quynh