One more amazing muffins’ recipes from pauladeen.com that can help you use effectively the spotty bananas in your kitchen. This recipe uses the one bowl method, the wet ingredients are first mixed together, following by the dry ingredients and finally the nuts. Just need a spatula and a large mixing bowl, and we’re ready to bake some gorgeous and yummy muffins for our healthy breakfast. Your kids will love having them in their lunchbox or on their desk after school with a big cup of fresh milk ^^
1. 1/3 cup melted butter
2. 4 ripe bananas, smashed
3. 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
4. 1 egg, beaten
5. 1 tsp vanilla extract
6. 2 tbs strong coffee
7. 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
8. 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted or raw
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup capacity muffin tin or use paper liners.
2. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, coffee and vanilla. Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated. Fold in the chopped pecans.
3. Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick insert into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
Love, Trang Quynh
Vietnamese version: http://tastefromhome.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/muffins-chuoi-ca-phe/