Are you too busy and don’t have enough time to cook? Have you ever get tired of fast food and just want a warm, nutritional home-cooked meal? Not only you, many people have to deal with the same problem. So what’s the solution? There’re many recipes that adapt to your conditions, they’re easy and quick to make but still delicious and can response to your demand.
This Sausage Spaghetti with Fresh Vegetable Salad is a good example. Using the common ingredients that are easily found in any supermarket such as sausages, ketchup, cucumber, tomato…, it will take you only 15-20 minutes to prepare and cook everything. Now who’s ready to give up fast food and give this super quick recipe a try?
1. 3 medium sausages (raw or cooked)
2. 250 grams spaghetti
3. 10 tbs ketchup
4. 5 tbs fresh water
5. 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6. 1/4 of a medium onion, finely chopped
7. 2 tsp mixed herbs (you can buy a small bottle in any supermarket or market)
8. Salt, pepper
9. 2 tbs vegetable oil
Fresh Vegetable Salad:
1. 1 cucumber, split lengthways and thinly sliced
2. 1 medium tomato, seeds removed, thinly sliced
3. 1/2 of a green oak lettuce, leaves separated and cut into small pieces
4. Vinegar/ lemon juice/lime juice
5. Granulated white sugar
For the sausage spaghetti:
1. Prepare a pan of boiling water and season with salt. Place the pasta into the pan and push it down with your wooden spoon, so that all the spaghetti is submerged under the water. Add half of the oil and cook for roughly 7-10 minutes.
2. When the pasta is cooked, transfer it into a colander, then place it back on top of the saucepan to drain the excess liquid.
3. Meanwhile, heat a sauce pan over medium high heat. Pour in the oil and add the chopped garlic, stir well until the garlic turns lightly brown. Put in the ketchup and fresh water, mix until combined.
4. If you use raw sausages, pan-fry them quickly on a high-heated pan. Thinly slice the sausages and add to the tomato sauce. Add the mixed herbs and chopped onion, reduce the heat and simmer the sauce for 7-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
For the vegetable salad: In a mixing bowl, put in the sliced cucumber, tomato and green oak lettuce. For the dressing, you can use any kind, this time, I used Asian dressing, the mixture of granulated white sugar, vinegar and salt. Pour the dressing into the mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients until combined.
Serve: For each plate, put in 1/3 of the spaghetti, following by the sausage and tomato sauce on top. Put the veggie salad on one side of the dish. Enjoy warm.
Good luck with this and stay healthy,
Love, Trang Quynh