One more recipe for curry that is both easy to remake at home kitchen and creamy, delicious like a restaurant’s dish. This Easy Chicken Milk Curry is a great choice to replace a boring meal and boost your appetite immediately. It can be served with French baguette or a bed of rice, the only recommendation is serving it warm or even hot, that will be the best ^^
I always love to marinate my chicken in the curry powder as long as possible so all the flavors can go through every single chicken piece and won’t fade out when you pour in the milk and fresh water. Make sure that the chicken pieces are well mixed with the curry powder before cooking and stir them in the hot pan enough time to create a flavorful and fragnant curry.
2. 3 tbs curry powder
3. 1 small onion, finely chopped
4. 2 tbs unsalted butter
5. 250 ml fresh milk
6. 250 ml warm water
7. 4-5 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
8. 2 small carrots, peeled and cubed
9. Salt, pepper
10. 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
11. French baguette or rice (to serve)
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the chicken pieces with 2 tbs curry powder, a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat a saucepan over medium high heat, melt 2 tbs unsalted butter and sautee the onion for about 15 minutes until it becomes transparent.
3. Add the chicken pieces in the saucepan, stir well until the chicken is cooked enough (about 7-10 minutes). Pour in the milk and water, season with salt and pepper if needed.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat, add the cubed potatoes and carrots, simmer the curry until the vegetables are tender. Using a small spoon, remove the fat bubbles on top of the curry.
5. Mix the corn starch with a little bit fresh water, gently pour it in the curry pan, stir until the liquid becomes thick. Turn off the heat.
6. Serve with French baguette or a bed of rice.
See you all in the next post,
Love, Trang Quynh