Ingredients (serves: 3)
1. White rice, cooked (about 3/4 to 1 cup uncooked rice). The rice should be cooked drier than usual and cooled down for a better result.
2. 3 medium sausages, thinly sliced (if the sausages are uncooked, quickly fry them on a hot pan before slicing. Keep a little amount of sausage oil for frying rice)
3. 6 small pickled cucumber, thinly sliced
4. 1 small onion, finely chopped
5. 5 tbs Ruoc (Vietnamese Dried torn porc, optional)
6. 1 1/2 tbs unsalted butter
7. Salt, pepper
1. Heat a large pan over medium high heat, melt 1 tbs unsalted butter. Add the chopped onion, constantly stir until the onion becomes transparent.
2. Put in the thinly sliced sausages, continue stirring, following by 5 tbs of Ruoc, season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the rice and the remaining butter. Using chopsticks or a small spoon, separate the rice so it can be covered by butter and all the spices. Stir for 10-15 minutes, then put in the pickled cucumber, keep stirring for a couple minutes and turn off the heat.
Serve warm with fresh salad or a bowl of vegetable soup.
Love, Trang Quynh