First of all, I need to say sorry to all of you for the lack of posts the last 12 days, including the category Chef of the Week and the weekly food posts that I promised to upload frequently. The last 2 weeks were sooooo insane, I started my courses in university, moved to a new apartment (I’ll move again really soon) and tried to settle down. Of course I still cook everyday (how I love a healthy student life ^^), just the usual dishes, so I thought they won’t be helpful for you. Plus, I didn’t have enough time to edit the pictures and my posts carefully, but you all always deserve the best and I truly wanna maintain the quality of this blog.
Anw, I think now it’s time to come back and warm up this place. Beginning with this simple recipe Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta, I hope this will be a great start for my blog after a long time no-updating, wish you could understand how much I miss it and all your lovely comments ❤
Now here we go:
Ingredients (serves: 3)
1. 250 – 300 grams spaghetti No 3
2. 400 grams chicken fillet, cubed
3. 15-20 shiitake mushrooms, washed (if you use dried one, soak them in warm water for about 15-20 minutes before cooking)
4. 1 small onion, finely chopped
5. 500 ml whipping cream
6. 3 tbs vegetable oil
6. Salt, pepper
1. Prepare a pan of boiling water and season with salt. Place the pasta into the pan and push it down with your wooden spoon, so that all the spaghetti is submerged under the water. Add 1 tbs vegetable oil and cook for roughly 7-10 minutes.
2. When the pasta is cooked, transfer it into a colander, then place it back on top of the saucepan to drain the excess liquid. Keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium high heat. Pour in the remaining oil and add the chopped onion, stir well until the onion becomes transparent. Put in the shiitake mushrooms, constantly stir for 5-7 minutes, following by the chicken. Season with salt and pepper, keep stirring until the chicken pieces are just cooked.
Love, Trang Quynh