It’s always a good feeling being in the kitchen and cooking new things, especially in a Saturday night, when you have a long Sunday ahead and can stay in the kitchen as much as you can ^^ This time, I decided to treat my housemates and myself really well with delicious BBQ Spaghetti which was inspired by one of the amazing recipes of celebrity chef Paula Deen.
The original recipe has an outstanding method in details for homemade BBQ sauce, but sadly I don’t have enough ingredients so I used with Heinz’s BBQ sauce instead, my dish still turns out really mouth-watering and assures the right flavor xD
Spaghetti is an usual dish, so why don’t take it to a whole new level with a total different recipe?
2. 400 grams pork, cubed
3. 1 bell pepper, diced (or you can use half of a green bell pepper and half of a red one to make your dish more colorful)
4. 1/2 of an onion, finely chopped
5. 7-8 tbs BBQ sauce
7. 3-4 tbs fresh water
8. 3 tbs vegetable oil
9. 1 tsp mixed herbs
10. Salt, pepper
1. Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Put in 2 tbs vegetable oil, saute chopped onion and diced bell pepper.
Add the cubed pork, season with salt, pepper and stir well for 5-6 minutes until the pork is cooked.
2. Put in the BBQ sauce and fresh water, constantly stir and bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 mins or until the sauce becomes thick. Sprinkle with mixed herbs. Turn off the heat.
3. Prepare a pan of boiling water and season with salt. Place the pasta into the pan and push it down with your wooden spoon, so that all the spaghetti is submerged under the water. Add half of the oil and cook for roughly 7-10 minutes.
4. When the pasta is cooked, transfer it into a colander, then place it back on top of the saucepan to drain the excess liquid.
5. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and serve.
Love, Trang Quynh
Vietnamese version: http://tastefromhome.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/bbq-spaghetti/