Pasta is always in my top list when I get too busy with my school work (midterm’s coming up this week btw so wish me luck). After doing over and over 2-3 kinds of pasta (bolognese, creamy chicken and mushrooms, sausage and ketchup), I’m just sick of eating the same dishes so I decided to being creative (well, just a little bit 😀 ) and create some new kinds. Starting with a lazy version of BBQ Spaghetti, this week, new ideas came to my mind with the simple and yummy Creamy Sausage, Mushroom and Tomato Pasta. With this speed, hopefully at the end of the year I’ll have for myself 100 recipes for pasta ^^
1. 300 grams spaghetti
2. 3 sausages, thinly sliced (if you use raw ones, quickly fry them on a hot pan before slicing)
3. 15-20 medium button mushrooms, quartered
4. 3 medium tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
5. 1/2 of an onion, finely chopped
6. 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
7. 300 ml whipping cream
8. 2 tsps mixed herbs
9. Vegetable oil
10. Salt, pepper
1. Prepare a pan of boiling water and season with salt. Place the pasta into the pan and push it down with your wooden spoon, so that all the spaghetti is submerged under the water. Add half of the oil and cook for roughly 7-10 minutes.
2. When the pasta is cooked, transfer it into a colander, then place it back on top of the saucepan to drain the excess liquid.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan or a sauce pan over medium high heat. Put in 2 tbs vegetable oil, add chopped onion and garlic, constantly stir until they turn lightly brown. Next, add thinly slice sausages, season with salt and pepper, following by button mushrooms, keep stirring further 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through.
4. Put in the chopped tomatoes, reduce the heat and gently stir until the tomatoes are soft and can be easily mashed.
5. Pour the whipping cream in the pan, season if needed, gently mix to combine all the ingredients and create a lightly pink color for the sauce. Cook for further 2-3 minutes, turn off the heat, sprinkle the sauce with mixed herbs.
Love, Trang Quynh