I know, I know, stew again! And beer again! Since the last time I used beer in my Beef Carbonnade, I still have 3 bottles left in my fridge. And thanks to the fact that I can’t drink beer because I find it too bitter, another stew using beer is here! This Chicken Stew with beer is really simple to do, just like the basic stews that you all know how to do, but with a little switch, I hope it will be more attractive, bring more appetite to the usual meals. And don’t be worried, you won’t get drunk or something like that after enjoying this dish, so feel free to make it for lunch, for weeknight dinner or anytime you want, okay? ^^
Ingredients (serves: 3)
6 chicken legs, washed
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
150 grams frozen peas
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups beer
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tbs ketchup
50 grams unsalted butter
1. Heat a frying pan over medium high heat, melt half of the butter. Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper, then brown all sides of the legs and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat a pot over medium high heat, melt the remaining butter. Add the onion and garlic, constantly stir until the onion turns soft and translucent, the garlic is lightly brown.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes to the pot, sprinkle with a pinch of salt gently stir for a couple minutes until they’re soft and easy to smash. Stir in the ketchup and mix until combined.
4. If you’re using a gas stove, take the pot of the heat for a moment, stir in the beer and add the dried mixed herbs, mix until combined then put the pot back in the heat. Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil.
5. Put the chicken legs back to the pot, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20-30 minutes until they’re cook through and soft.
6. Finally, add the frozen peas, cook the stew for 10-15 minutes more or until the peas are nicely soft. Turn off the heat. Season more with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with steamed rice or bread.
I hope you all enjoyed the post and will have a new week full of luck and joy,
See you in the next post,
Love, Trang Quynh