After my recent post on Sweet and Sour Pork, I think it’d be great to show you one more recipe for sweet and sour dishes to demonstrate how easy it is to change the kind of meat and access to your endless choices: from pork, chicken… to seafood such as prawns, fish… So please enjoy this post xoxo
Ingredients (serves: 5-6)
800 grams fish fillets
2 onions, thinly sliced
3 tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
A handful of chopped coriander
2 tbs ketchup
3 tbs soy sauce
2 tsps white sugar
200 ml fresh water
1. Season the fish fillets with a pinch of salt and pepper, set aside for 10-15 minutes. Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat, put in 2 tbs vegetable oil and pan-fry the fish fillets until browned both sides, transfer them to a plate and set aside.
2. Heat a frying pan or a pot over medium high heat, sautee the onions and garlic with 1 tbs vegetable oil until fragnant and aromatic, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, season with a pinch of salt and stir well until they turn soft and easy to smash.
4. Add the ketchup, soy sauce, sugar and mix until combined. After that, pour in the fresh water and gently stir for 1-2 more minutes. Season more with salt and pepper if needed.
5. As soon as the sauce thickens a little bit, put the fish fillets back in the pan, simmer for 10-12 minutes more.
6. Finally, sprinkle the chopper coriander over the pan and turn off the heat. Serve hot with steamed white rice.
I hope you all enjoyed the post, in fact, there’re many ways to make Sweet and Sour Fish so if you wanna share your recipe, feel free to leave a comment, I’d love to hear your experiences and can’t wait to give your recipes a try ^^
And have a nice day food lovers,
Love, Trang Quynh