When it comes to trends, I admit that I’m definitely not a pro. Matcha (or green tea powder) has been a big thing since, I don’t know, couple years ago, and here I am with my first video using it. Yay me ! This green tea bag actually was a gift from one of my friends, I kinda forgot it somewhere in my kitchen and one lucky day, while cleaning and arranging, found it ~
The biggest challenge for these Matcha/Green Tea Cupcakes must be my boyfriend, when he saw me mixing ingredients, he was like “oh no, don’t tell me that you’re making Matcha Cupcakes because I hate matcha”. Oh, too late, already mixed in the matcha powder haha I was afraid that he won’t eat any of them and let me finish all by myself (which I definitely could but decided not to :)) ) but luckily, he didn’t let me have that chance !
While I was waiting for the cupcakes to cool down completely for the frosting, my cheeky boyfriend decided that he could not wait any longer (even though he doesn’t like matcha, the boy still get curious though 😉 ), he took one small piece of the cupcake, a spoonful of the frosting, and voila for the express Matcha Cupcake. And HE LOVED IT, I couldn’t be happier !
Our batch of 8 huge cupcakes has gone in exactly one day, we had it for breakfast, brunch, dessert after lunch, after dinner, for snack while watching film, now when I thought about that, we were totally out of our mind. But “A cupcake a day keeps the doctor away” right lol
So for any of you who wants to stay healthy and happy, it’s my pleasure to present to you my simple recipe for the ultimate Matcha Cupcakes 😉
INGREDIENT LIST (for 8 huge cupcakes for 12 medium ones)
150g plain flour
100g white sugar
2 tsps baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 tbs green tea/matcha powder
100g melted unsalted butter
120ml fresh milk
330ml whipping cream
1 1/4 tsps matcha powder
1 1/4 tbs white sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. For the batter: In a mixing bowl mix together the dry ingredients: plain flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and matcha powder.
2. In another bowl, gently pour fresh milk into melted unsalted butter and mix well until combined.
3. Add the butter mixture into the dry ingredients in 2 additions, mix well after each addition. After that, crack in one egg and continue mixing to form a smooth cupcake batter.
4. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin, we will bake our cupcakes in 15-17 minutes until well done and a toothpick inserted inside a cupcake comes out clean.
5. For the frosting: Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, using your hand mixer or electric mixer, whip until soft peaks form. Make sure that you taste your frosting along the way and adjust it to your taste 😉
6. Frost the cupcakes and voila, we’re finished !
You can also check out my short and sweet tutorial inserted above for the step by step instructions 😉
Have fun baking these lovely and delicious Matcha/Green Tea Cupcakes and don’t forget to send me some photos or tag me using #thefoodcrush, they will be featured on my next video !
Other than that, I will see you next time,
Kisses and hugs,