I can’t believe summer is almost over (I hope it’s only my case) because it really feels like it was June yesterday. I have 2 more weeks for my internship, normally I should be happy, Venice is waiting for me right after that, but I have to admit that I will miss this internship period for a while. Everyone is so kind, and warm, sometimes we have fruits and croissants, homemade cakes made by my colleagues and we even organized together a barbecue party. Wow, 3 months have gone in the blink of an eye !
Anw, long story short, these Strawberry and White Chocolate Blondies were the ones I brought to that barbecue party, we decided to make something on our own and reunite for a full meal with appetizers (speaking of appetizer, that day one of my colleagues made a super creamy and delicious quiche which I was in love and definitely will ask for the recipe), main courses and desserts. I came up with these simple blondies, they’re so easy to bake and turned out really moist.
So if you have some strawberries or a bar of white chocolate left in your fridge, just give this recipe a try !!
150g plain flour
100g white sugar
2 tsps baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla sugar or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
120ml fresh milk
1 free range egg
3 big strawberries
40g white chocolate chunks
- In a mixing bowl, put in plain flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar/extract. Using a spatula, whisk the dry ingredients together until combined.
- Melt the butter and mix in fresh milk.
- Pour the butter mixture in the dry ingredients in 2 additions, mix well after each addition with your spatula (the “twist and turn” method will be perfect for this step 😉 )
- Crack in one egg and continue mixing to form a smooth batter.
- Cut strawberries into big chunks and gently fold them, along with the white chocolate, into the batter.
- Pour the batter in a lined baking tray and bake our blondies in 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes until golden on the surface and a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean.
- Let it cool down to room temperature (be patient guys, check out my video tutorial above to see why :)) ) and cut it into small square parts and we are finished !!
These Strawberries and White Chocolate Blondies are perfect for your afternoon tea time, your breakfast, or anytime you desire, they are moist and filled with sweet little surprises 😉
I hope you will enjoy this recipe and have fun recreate it at home,
Good luck and bon appetit,