Sundays are always the perfect time to rock your kitchen, try out new recipes and bring your family’s meal to a whole new level. If you’re sick of one-pot meals or the same salad that you’ve eaten for years, this might be a great idea: Jellyfish Salad with Kohlrabi, Carrot and Vietnamese Mint Leaves.
Fresh, crispy vegetables, lovely pieces of jellyfish and crunchy roasted peanuts, what you need to do is balance all the flavors, especially the dressing which is made from white sugar, rice vinegar and salt.
1. Kohlrabi, chopped into long and thin pieces
2. Carrot, chopped into long and thin pieces
3. Washed Vietnamese mint leaves, chopped into small pieces
4. Jellyfish, cut into small pieces (in Hanoi, you can easily find jellyfish packs in any supermarket)
5. Roasted peanuts
6. Granulated white sugar
7. Rice vinegar
1. In a large bowl, mix the kohlrabi and carrot pieces with a pinch of salt to give them more flavors. Next, soak them in the mixture of white sugar and rice vinegar until they’re crunchy and all the flavors come through. Set aside for 30-40 mins.
2. Mix in the jellyfish and Vietnamese mint leaves. Tasted and season if needed. Sprinkle with roasted peanuts.
Bon appetit and have a nice week food lovers xoxo
Love, Trang Quynh